This is an Online Video. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order. Online access expires 1 year after purchase.
Twelve-year-old male with the diagnosis of multiple articulation disorder secondary to a suspected neurological component. He presents with a large gap between what he is saying and what the listener can understand.
Run time is 3 hours.
This course is part of a series of eleven (11) “Speech Clarity Evaluation for Therapy Planning” Online Videos.
Each video is unique in regards to the client, the diagnoses, and the program plans.
- interviews with the referring SLP and parent of the client
- initial Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) evaluation with program plan
- four month follow-up evaluation with a program plan update
- learn to conduct an initial Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) Evaluation for Feeding and Speech
- understand how to conduct a Program Plan Update
- be able to write a program plan including: Sensory, Oral Phase Feeding, OPT and Speech techniques
- how to use OPT activities in conjunction with traditional speech therapy to improve speech clarity
Instructor – Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP
Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson is an internationally known speaker on the subject of Oral Placement Therapy (OPT). She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of muscle-based disorders as related to speech clarity and feeding issues. In 1995, Sara founded TalkTools® as a speakers bureau and source for Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) and therapy tools. She has held seminars throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Europe, Australia, Africa, Latin America and Asia. Over the past 40 years, she has worked in public schools, hospitals, private practice and child development programs. Ms. Rosenfeld-Johnson is the author of Oral Placement Therapy for Speech Clarity and Feeding, Assessment and Treatment of the Jaw,OPT for /s/ and /z/, A Therapist’s Guide to Rehabilitative Feeding and Speech Techniques for Teens and Adults,The HOMEWORK Book, the Drooling Remediation Program, and many other educational materials.